Ukrainian refugee account opening
What you'll get with your account
Basic bank account with no monthly fee
Contactless debit card to make purchases and withdraw cash
Use our mobile banking app to send fee-free international payments (criteria apply)
App available to customers aged 11+ with a compatible iOS and Android device and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries. Ukrainian mobile numbers not compatible.
Before applying 2
Get ready to apply
Before you apply for a bank account with us, please make sure you've read the important information below.
First things first. You can apply if you:
- First things first. You can apply if you:
- Are 18 or over and a temporary UK resident, and can provide one of the following:
- A valid International Ukrainian passport
- A valid Ukrainian National ID card
- A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) issued by the UK government following completion of your application process once you have arrived in the UK.
If you are applying with a valid International Ukrainian Passport or Ukrainian National ID card, you will also need to provide one of the following:
- Passport insert issued by UK visa application centre confirming your right to enter the UK
- Passport stamp issued by UK BorderForce confirming your right to enter the UK
- Confirmed visa application issued by UK visa application centre confirming your right to enter the UK
If you are applying with a Biometric Residence Permit you don’t need to provide one of the above.
Identity documentation should be in-date and in the name of the applicant applying for the account. Visa documentation confirming the right to enter the UK must have been issued within 6 months of the application date.
To help us communicate with you about your account, we recommend having a valid email address and phone number set up in your name before applying. These are not essential, but will help us get your account open.
Now please take a look at the important legal info.
If you carry on applying, it means you're happy with what's in these documents, including the FSCS information sheet. Please take some time to review, print and/or save the important information.
Download application form
Use the button below to download the form used to apply for a Ukrainian refugee account. Once downloaded, please print, fill out and bring into your nearest branch along with appropriate ID to complete the application. One form per application.
Once you've applied...
Due to anticipated volumes, we do expect a wait of 7-10 days for most accounts to open. Please bear with us during this time. Once your account is open, you will receive confirmation from us, along with your account details and information on accessing your account. You have a number of options to access your account, including Anytime Banking and our Mobile app. See below for more information.