Round Ups is available to customers who have an eligible current account, an eligible instant access savings account and are registered for the Ulster Bank Mobile App. Round Ups can only be made on debit card and contactless payments in Sterling. Sometimes we run Prize Draws that you're automatically entered to when you switch on Round Ups, but we're not running one right now.
Round Ups saves a bit when you spend a bit
Can't get your head around saving right now? Or maybe you’re looking into putting away a bit more? Either way, Round Ups can help make it easy. It can save your spare change from the items you buy every day and put it in your savings account.
How it works
Round Ups starts working as soon as you turn it on, and includes any debit card or contactless payments already pending. You can see these pending transactions in the app.
Save more when you double your Round Ups
Ready to really boost your savings? Now you can double your Round Ups to send even more spare change to your savings account - so if you spend £2.30 on that coffee, you'd be topping up your savings by £1.40 instead of 70p. Sound good? Just choose 'Double Round Ups' when you switch on Round Ups in the app.
You're always in charge
- Use the Mobile App to switch between single and double Round Ups, or turn Round Ups off and on, whenever you want
- Round Ups will never take you into overdraft – nothing to worry about there
- See how much you’ve saved with weekly alerts sent straight to your phone (if you save more than £1.49 each week) or in ‘My Transactions’ on the app. There's more on alerts in our FAQs.
Here's what you need
1. An Ulster Bank current account
2. An eligible Ulster Bank instant access savings account
3. The Ulster Bank Mobile App
Our Mobile App is available to personal and business banking customers aged 11+ using compatible iOS and Android devices. You'll need a UK or international mobile number in specific countries. Account eligibility apply.