You must be 16+ and a UK resident. If you do not live in Northern Ireland, your account can only be opened digitally in a sole name.
Take a peek at Loyalty Saver, for lump sum and regular saving
- A simple savings account with instant access
- Get a higher rate on larger balances. If you have under £4,999 you'll earn 2.25% AER/Gross p.a (variable). When you have £5,000 or more, you'll earn 5.20% AER/Gross p.a (variable)
- Deposit money or make a withdrawal whenever you need to
How Loyalty Saver works
Opening your easy access savings account
Whether you're a new or existing customer, you can open a Loyalty Saver with us. T&Cs apply.
Account name: Loyalty Saver
1. What is the interest rate?
AER/Gross p.a (variable)
2. Can Ulster Bank change the interest rate?
Yes, these rates are variable. If the rates are going down, we’ll give you at least 60 days notice. If they are going up, we’ll inform you before the change or shortly afterwards. For more information please see the Your Savings Account Terms (PDF, 342 KB)
3. What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a range of deposits?
Initial deposit at account opening
Balance after 12 months
4. How do I open and manage my account?
Before you apply:
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 years or over.
- We'll need an email address and mobile number to open your account.
- If you don’t live in Northern Ireland the account can only be opened online.
- To open in branch, you'll need to bring your own digital device such as a mobile or tablet and our staff can assist you opening the account yourself.
Managing your account:
- You must register for the Anytime Internet Banking services to manage your account via online, telephony or on the mobile app.
- You can pay money in by transfer from a current account or savings account in your name held with us or held with another bank (Online, by telephone or on the mobile app).
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account; no minimum deposit needs to be made on a regular basis; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- You can use Round Ups with Loyalty Saver if you have a current account with us.
5. Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you can withdraw or transfer to any other account based in the UK up to the daily limits.
You'll need Anytime Internet Banking to withdraw or transfer money online. You can do this over the phone app too. If you do not have a card with your account, we'll send you a card reader and an Anytime Internet Banking card and PIN to make payments securely.
Remember, you'll need to enable the card reader to make payments online. Once you are set up, you can withdraw however you like.
If you live in Northern Ireland, you can also withdraw money in one of our branches.
- AER: Stands for the Annual Equivalent Rate. It shows you what the rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year.
- Gross: The interest rate you are paid without the deduction of UK income tax.
- p.a.: per annum (per year)
7. How do I get additional support with my banking?
Banking My Way is a free service that allows you to record information about the support or adjustments you need to make banking easier. The information will be shared on our internal systems and therefore you will not need to repeat these requirements every time you interact with us.
Once your account is open, you can record this through Anytime Banking or with our colleagues in branches or over the phone.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Your eligible deposits held by a UK establishment of Ulster Bank are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit protection scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered.
See FSCS Protecting Your Money (PDF, 3.7 MB) for more information about the scheme and how it protects your money.
Get ready to apply
Before you apply, we need to check you're happy with a few things and ask you a few questions up front, then we can make your application as quick and simple as it can be.
First things first. You can apply if you:
are aged 16 or over and a UK resident
Now please take a look at the important legal info
If you carry on applying, it means you're happy with what's in these documents, including the FSCS information sheet. And happy to view your statements in Anytime Banking - not posted. Please take some time to review, print and/or save the important information.