It's time to get moving
To take advantage of the Stamp Duty holiday, your home purchase must complete before 30th June 2021.
Before you apply for a mortgage
- How much could you borrow?
- What about other costs?
Our guide to fees and other unexpected costs will make sure you avoid any nasty surprises
- Check your credit score
Understanding your credit score could help you avoid potential issues. You can check your score for free on our Mobile Banking App
Credit score available once opted in through the app, to customers aged 18+, with a UK address and is provided by TransUnion. App available to customers aged 11+ with a compatible iOS and Android devices and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Are you offer ready? Be ready to make an offer when your dream home comes along by arranging an affordability check with one of our branches. Remember to ask the estate agent to take the property off the market as soon as your offer has been accepted
What you'll need when applying for your mortgage
- Important documents
Have your identification and proof of income and outgoings ready in case we need to see them. Find out more about our application process by checking out our guide for first-time buyers or customers who’ve had a mortgage before
- Arrange a solicitor
A solicitor will handle the property purchase for you. Friends and family may be able to help you choose. Make sure you find out how much it will cost
- We’ll be in touch
Your mortgage adviser will call you before your appointment to help make sure you’re prepared and explain how our paperless mortgage application works
After you have applied
- We may ask for additional information Please review, complete and return any required documents quickly. We’ll tell you how you can upload documents safely and securely
- Keep up to date Your solicitor should let you know how things are progressing – remember to follow up quickly on anything which may be outstanding. Ask your solicitor to set your completion date as early as possible to avoid a last minute rush
- Are you ready to move? Make sure you arrange any third party services you need to help you move early, such as a removal firm, cleaners, utility, television and broadband suppliers. Ask friends and family for recommendations and make sure you find out the costs involved - it’s a good idea to get more than one quote
- To benefit from the stamp duty incentive you need to complete your home purchase by the end of June, but try not to leave this until the last few days as it will be busy