Voice ID is a new security feature for Telephone Banking customers. It authenticates you using your voice, so you don’t have to use your password. Getting started is simple – you just need to be registered for Telephone Banking and Anytime Internet Banking.
Once you are enrolled for Voice ID we will recognise your voice when you speak to us. There’s no need to say a particular word or phrase – as soon as you start talking to one of our team, Voice ID will confirm who you are.
Why is Voice ID better for business? It's:
- Easier - you don't need your password
- Secure - your voice is unique
- Faster - so it saves you time
Voice ID is available to Telephone Banking customers aged 18 and over.
How it works
Just like your fingerprints, your voice is unique. Voice ID analyses over 100 aspects of the way you talk, from your accent and pronunciation to physical differences like the size and shape of your mouth. All these things create your unique voiceprint.
Using your voice to access Telephone Banking is the most secure way to protect your account, because nobody can copy your voiceprint.
- Call us on 0345 366 5592 (Relay UK: 18001 0345 366 5592), quoting 'Voice ID' if prompted. You’ll need your Telephone Banking security details
- Confirm your identity using your customer number, PIN and password
- We will send you a one-time passcode, so please keep your mobile phone handy when you call
- One of our team will set up Voice ID for you