Banking at the Post Office
What can I do at the Post Office?
We’ve increased the number of services available at thousands of Post Office outlets across the UK.
As an Ulster Bank customer, you can:
- Pay in cash with a pre-printed paying in slip or chip and PIN debit card
- Deposit cheques with a printed paying-in slip
- Exchange cash for coin using the Post Office Change Giving service - you must register for this service
- Withdraw cash using your debit card and PIN
- Get your balance using your debit card and PIN
What you need to know
- Post Offices have various cut-off times and services, so do check with the Post Office you wish to use to see what they offer and what their cut-off time is for deposits, as this can impact when any deposit you make credits your account
- Cash paid in at a Post Office using a Visa Debit card will be added immediately
- Cash paid in using a paying-in slip will be added to your Ulster Bank account by the end of the next working day, if paid in before the Post Office cut off time. If missed, this will be two working days. Please ensure your paying-in slips include a barcode. If your paying-in slips do not contain a barcode, please contact us and we will provide you with them
- Cheques paid into the Post Office will be added to your Ulster Bank account when we receive them from the Post Office, which is normally within two working days. Cheques will follow the normal cheque clearing cycle once we have received them. Please note, sometimes it might take a little longer for cheques to reach us from the Post Office
- You can’t mix cash and cheque payments, this will need to be two separate transactions
- Services at the Post Office are subject to the same charges as our branches
Service at the Post Office
Banking services at the Post Office are not run by Ulster Bank. If you have any problems with your Post Office banking please contact them directly.
Message the Post Office
Call the Post Office
Post Office Customer Care