A flexible short-term safety net for your business
Our Business Overdraft helps you prepare for the unexpected
- Pay interest only on the amount you borrow
- No set minimum to pay back each month
- Ideal for unexpected bills or emergencies
For existing Ulster Bank Business Account customers for up to 12 months. After 12 months, we’ll contact you to review. Interested in our business current accounts? See the range.
To apply online you must be trading as a sole trader, partnership or limited company in Northern Ireland. Security may be required. Product fees may apply. Over 18s only. Subject to status, business use only.
What is a Business Overdraft?
It’s a flexible short-term lending option for businesses. A Business Overdraft works as a safety net for unexpected expenses, where you may not have sufficient balance when awaiting payments from customers. With our overdraft, you only pay interest on what you borrow, without a minimum requirement for your repayments.
Overdraft in detail
Flexible monthly payments
Borrow up to £50k unsecured (subject to credit approval)
Boost cashflow and only pay interest on what you borrow
Useful info about our Business Overdraft
Wish to borrow £25k or less? Discover the rates you're likely to pay and check your eligibility.
Already an Ulster Bank Business Account customer?
- If you have a Relationship Manager please contact them to find out how much you could borrow.
Please be aware, should you exceed your overdraft limit or have an item returned unpaid due to insufficient funds, our unauthorised borrowing rate and standard transaction charges will apply.
There's no obligation and you will not be credit scored.
100% of SME customers received an end quote that was the same, better or no more than 10% above their indicative quote.
- Interest on your account is calculated daily, based on your end of day balance and rate and charged to your account quarterly.
- Representative EAR (Effective Annual Rate) is used for comparison purposes and shows the annual interest rate we reasonably expect at least 51% of customers who are accepted for and enter into the overdraft agreement to get. It is calculated by using the rate of interest charged if you remained overdrawn for a year, the frequency with which interest is charged, and the effect of compound interest on your debt. The Representative EAR does not include other fees or charges